A checklist is a set of the consolidated recurring task(s) which needs to be fulfilled or completed by the departments. A checklist can contain multiple form fields like single select, date, image upload, text, number, signature, and more.
Checklist Input Types:
- Multiple Select: If the input of the checklist can be more than one response then multiple selections can be used. For more field, we can keep adding values.
- Date: For responses where the date should be given as input.
- Date and time: If the input field should be date and time both.
- Image Upload: So image upload can be selected where pictures/photo attachments can be taken as input.
- Number: Input type also can be number type so this option can be selected for such cases.
- Single Select: When a user needs to answer one response out of some fixed fields. This option can be useful for those scenarios. Examples could be Yes/No, Safe/Not Safe, etc.
- Dropdown: Users can also be shown a dropdown of the list to select a response from.
- Signature Fields: Checklist gives you freedom for asking signatures using their phones.
- Short Text: There are scenarios when you want comments from the user end. Short text type can serve the purpose well.
- Long Text: Users can also be asked to put a report of incidents. So this long text can serve the purpose.
- Meter Reading: You can also create a meter reading checklists that show previous reading and consumption.
- Star Rating/Feedback System: For feedback, there is a star rating system. After submission, it flashes a thank you message and the checklist reopens.
- Scan Code: User can also scan QR/Barcodes as input.